Date Posted: January 15, 2024
Application Deadline: April 29, 2024
Job Type: Full-Time / Permanent
Job Start Date:
- Engineering Technology
- Industrial Trades and Technology
On-site Position (Summerside, PEI, Canada)
Hours Per Week:
This position is responsible for providing technical sales support to customers of the City of Summerside, serving as the municipal services customer operations supervisor, managing the business origination, sales, installations, and support for the City’s smart grid initiative. Work entails marketing and customer relations, managing install teams for energy thermal storage systems, developing programs for customer involvement, developing new services for the smart grid, managing the smart meter system, managing the fibre communication system and overall project management of the smart grid systems. This position also provides technical assistance to the City’s electric utility department.
Duties will include:
- Leading sales efforts for the City of Summerside in promoting the use of energy thermal storage systems in customer premises.
- Developing programs, services, and packages for customers in relation to the smart grid and related energy thermal storage systems.
- Interacting with prospective customers by presenting and representing the smart grid technology and associated services capable of being delivered to the consumer.
- Overseeing the development of marketing plans, product developments, customer relations, and installations, as well as troubleshooting technology into customers premises.
- Providing technical assistance for the energy thermal storage systems, the control systems for the load storage technology, and the installations of the technology.
- Overseeing the marketing plan and implementation of programs offered by the City of Summerside under the electric utility.
- Managing the Tantulus smart metering systems and their performance.
- Managing the smart grid monitoring software and control systems and enhancements.
- Providing technical assistance for the electric utility in all aspects of its operations including coordination between production and distribution work, as well as coordinating the power purchases and scheduling of electrical energy for the City.
- Performing such other duties, responsibilities and functions as may be assigned by the Director of Municipal Services.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution, specializing in sustainability, mechanical or electrical disciplines or combinations of these.
- Technical knowledge of electrical utility systems and/or mechanical systems for customer premises in HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of electrical utilities rate structures.
- Knowledge of customer sales methods and strategies.
- Ability to use computer systems.
- Ability to analyze a variety of technical problems, to recommend solutions, and to prepare working procedures.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, and the public/customers.
- Field experience in operation, trouble shooting and maintenance of complex systems.
- Marketing and Sales experience in highly technical engineering sales and the associated requirements for complicated system representation is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
The City of Summerside offers a superior work environment along with an attractive benefits package, including a defined benefits pension plan, comprehensive medical/dental coverage, and 3 weeks of vacation to start. Applicants are invited to submit a confidential cover letter & resume via email with “Smart Grid Engineer” in the subject line to: email@example.com
How to Apply
Submit your application by email to the company contact listed below.
Documents to be included:
Company Name: City of Summerside
Address: 275 Fitzroy Street
Postal/Zip Code: C1N 1H9
Contact Person: Kendra Gunn
Contact Person Job Title: Director of Human Resources and Legal Affairs