Holland College | Exchange and Study Abroad Information
Home > Admissions > International > Exchange and Study Abroad Information

Exchange and Study Abroad: information for students receiving U.S. Federal Student Aid

Exchange students

IMPORTANT! The U.S. Department of Education regulations stipulate that you can receive U.S. Direct Loans while on exchange only if:

  • you attend a school that participates in the U.S. Direct Loan Program, and
  • the school attended is located outside of the U.S.

The U.S. Federal School Code List (updated quarterly) will determine whether your intended international exchange school participates in Title IV Federal Student Aid Programs.

If you are not eligible to receive subsidized/unsubsidized/PLUS loans while on exchange, you may wish to explore non-government loans.

Non-Government Loans Programs

Students have the option of applying for non-government loan programs.

Study Abroad students

Students participating in a Study Abroad Program are NOT eligible to receive subsidized/unsubsidized/PLUS or alternative loans through Holland College. You will be paying your tuition fees to the other school (abroad). You must therefore make arrangements with that school (not Holland College) for financial aid.