Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Holland College | Study in PEI

International Office

Home > Admissions > International

Become an international student at Holland College!

If you are interested in studying abroad, Holland College, located in Prince Edward Island, Canada, could be just right for you! Holland College is an internationally recognized leader in hands-on, skills-based training.

Located on the east coast of Canada, Prince Edward Island is the country’s smallest province – but there’s nothing small about the educational opportunities that await you here. Students from all over the world are choosing to make Holland College their home while they pursue their educational goals. We hope you do, too!

Holland College offers more than 65 programs on five main campuses and centres across the province. 

Many of our international students choose to stay in Prince Edward Island over the summer, when there are plenty of jobs. And our graduates are finding jobs, too!

Our tuition is less expensive than many U.S. and international schools, and 18 of our programs are approved by the U.S. Department of Education for the processing of the Title IV William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans.

We have over 150 degree pathway agreements in place with universities and colleges across Canada and the U.S., and around the world. This means you can earn your diploma here and then earn your university degree in as little as two additional years. Find out more about the degree pathways for each program in the program pages.

We are a publicly funded post-secondary institution with ISO 9001:2015 certification, and many of our programs are nationally accredited.

Once you have applied to Holland College and received your conditional letter of acceptance by email, your next step is to apply for your study permit online. To do this, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Holland College’s Designated Institution Number is O19220082122.

You must present a copy of your study permit to the Admissions Office when you arrive for school.

Under the terms of the study permit, you will be allowed to work 20 hours per week while you are in school and 40 hours per week during extended breaks such as the Christmas break, over the summer,  and spring break.

Co-Op Work Permits

If you are studying in any of the programs listed below, you must have a co-op work permit in order to participate in the internship or on-the-job training portion of your program. You should apply for this permit at the same time as you apply for your study permit. If you have already applied for your study permit, you can apply for a co-op work permit separately. For more information on co-op work permits, please visit this page.

The following programs require co-op work permits:

  • Accounting Technology
  • Aircraft Turbine Technology
  • Bioscience Technology
  • Bioscience Joint Degree
  • Business Administration
  • Computer Information Systems
  • Computer Networking Technology
  • Construction Technology and Management
  • Culinary Arts
  • Child and Youth Care Worker
  • Environmental Applied Science Technology
  • Early Childhood Care and Education
  • Electronics Engineering Technology
  • Energy Systems Engineering Technology
  • Human Services
  • Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technology
  • Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management
  • Journalism and Communications
  • Kinesiology
  • Legal Administration
  • Marketing and Advertising Management
  • Medical Support Services
  • Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physiotherapist Assistant
  • Practical Nursing
  • Resident Care Worker
  • Sport and Recreation Management
  • Tourism and Travel Management
  • Wildlife Conservation Technology
  • Welding Fabrication
If you have been accepted to one of these programs, please email to request a letter that is required for your application for a co-op work permit if you do not have one.

Tuition, Fees, and International Fees

Tuition and fees vary according to program. You will find the breakdown of costs listed on each program page.

In addition to the tuition and fees listed on the program pages, students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents must pay the following fees:

  • First-year international students pay a $5,000 CAD student fee, second-year international students pay a $4,400 CAD student fee (2022/2023 only).
  • All international students also pay $750 for international health insurance, and $420 for medical and dental insurance through the student union. These fees are due by the first day of the program.
  • Tuition deposit: $1,000 CAD - you must pay this fee to hold your seat once you are accepted into a program.

Additional Expenses

As well as planning for the cost of accommodations, you should budget approximately $300 per month for groceries and $100 per month for other expenses, such as laundry, personal care items, etc.

You may also want to make sure you have enough money to travel home if you choose to do so during extended breaks.

Financial Assistance

Find out how we can help you financially!

Holland College offers a variety of entrance and enrolled student awards.

If you are an international student in your final year of study in Prince Edward Island and would like to stay here after your graduate, the Study & Stay PEI program could be just right for you!

The goal of the program is to support international students who would like to settle and work in Prince Edward Island post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from student to professional in their final year of study.

Find out more here.

Here's what recent Holland College graduates who participated in the program have to say:

"The program has helped me become confident as it relates to interviews, networking, and general communication. It made me aware of both the positives and negatives of social media. Also, the program helped me become more professional."

"I'm glad and thankful to have participated in this program."