Date Posted: February 09, 2024
Application Deadline: March 08, 2024
Job Type: Seasonal / Contract
Job Start Date:
- Business, Accounting and Marketing
- Culinary, Tourism and Hospitality
- Health and Wellness
May 13, 2024
Job End Date:
August 16, 2024
On-site Position (Hunter River, PEI, Canada)
Hours Per Week:
Central Queens Soccer Association Position: Tournament and Programs Coordinator
The successful participant will be given opportunities to learn and further develop skills associated with the management and administration of a community-operated sports organization including management of the soccer club's annual Youth League Tournament. This individual will work closely with our volunteer Board of Directors to operate various soccer programs for the Central Queens Soccer Association/ RC United. With the help of the PEI Soccer Association, they will plan weekly grassroots soccer activities for our grassroots players. They will be responsible for organizing goalie and ref clinics and any development programs that we wish to offer. With assistance from the Board's Tournament Coordinator, and Executive Director they will be responsible for responding to inquiries from coaches and team managers. Registration for the various divisions, and scheduling games for both the RC Early Bird Girls Kickoff Tournament in June and The RC United Youth Tournament in August.
The individual will also be asked to approach local businesses to consider sponsorship and fundraising opportunities to fund the tournament, as well as securing donations for player of the game awards.
This individual will also be responsible for preparing information to update the tournament website with pertinent information as the tournament approaches and day-to-day website communication for the overall club, in coordination with the Tournament Coordinator and/or Website Manager.
- The individual will organize all resources for the tournament including, field equipment, canteen/BBQ stock, and clubhouse needs, with assistance from the tournament coordinator and club staff.
- This individual will help with the organization of volunteers to help carry out the pre-existing volunteer duties during the tournament weekends.
- The individual will develop a year-end tournament report that includes a budget and a detailed closing statement of the yearly tournament.
- They will also assist in the planning and delivery of end-of-season tournaments for house league players.
Start and end dates: mid May to mid-August
Weekly required hours: 20 hours
Salary: $20/hour To be negotiated based on education and experience
- Organized, self-motivated, resourceful
- Computer Skills
- People skills
- Background in event coordinating
How to Apply
Submit your application by email to the company contact listed below.
Documents to be included:
Company Name: Central Queens Clippers Soccer Club
Address: 4547 rte 13
City/Town: Hunter River
Postal/Zip Code: C0A 1N0
Contact Person: Erin MacRae-Forrest
Contact Person Job Title: Board President