Date Posted: January 19, 2023
Application Deadline: January 26, 2023
Job Type: Seasonal / Contract
Job Start Date:
- Industrial Trades and Technology
April 03, 2023
Job End Date:
September 29, 2023
In Office Position (Charlottetown, PEI, Canada)
$24.12 - $27.39
Hours Per Week:
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure has created six-month internship placements for graduates in the fields of lab technologists, construction technology, survey technician, CADD Technician and building site inspector. The Intern will work directly with the Surveys Section. The Survey Intern will be responsible for legal surveys, easements, topographic plans, field work and drafting as required by DTI. The Intern will have duties primarily in the field with secondary duties in the office. They will attend and participate in project meetings. They will participate in various Departmental specific researches, assistance in quality control of Survey Section data, project planning and following department guidelines for survey projects. The Intern will, also, gain an understanding of the relationship between the Division, the public, communities/towns/municipalities and other Government of PEI Departments which rely on Transportation and Infrastructure for the delivery of their legal survey requirements.
- Degree or Certificate in Construction or Survey related areas related to drafting, field collection of data or legal research, or Degree in Geomatics Engineering with a focus on Cadastral Surveying, or Certificate in Environmental, Geomatics or Civil Engineering Technology;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Sound judgement and strong interpersonal skills; â€¢ Must be punctual and highly organized, with a good attendance record;
- Valid Prince Edward Island Drivers license and access to reliable transportation;
- Familiarity with computer software, Microsoft office (word, excel, etc.), Microsurvey CAD;
- Provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check, prior to employment;
- Provide a current Hearing Test, prior to employment;
- Experience working in the field, evaluation of evidence and proper collection of data would be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills the Intern May Require:
- Knowledge of the role that Transportation and Infrastructure plays in the delivery of legal surveys and the status of roads.
- Execution of field collection of data, site reconnaissance, data processing and quality control.
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities.
How to Apply
Submit your application online at: https://www.gov.pe.ca/jobs/api/position/56765?format=html
Company Name: Government of Prince Edward Island
Address: 105 Rochford St
Postal/Zip Code: C1A 3T7
Contact Person: Monic Vokey
Contact Person Job Title: Targeted Recruitment Coordinator