Covid-19 On Site Procedures
Holland College Ease-Back Plan Phase 3 (R2)
Click here to view the complete Phase 3 (R2) plan.
As part of the Covid-19 Phase 3 Ease-Back Plan all exterior doors will be locked at all times and will only be accessible via controlled access to approved students, employees, and individuals using the Holl Pass proximity card system. This is to allow for improved contact tracing and to assist in limiting density on our campus locations.
To find out how to obtain or activate a Holl Pass click here.
Phase 3 (R2) orientation presentation
Click here to view the Phase 3 (R2) orientation presentation.
External groups applying to use Holland College facilities must complete an External Group Application form. To download the form click here.
COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire & Contact Tracing Form
For contact tracing purposes every individual who is not an approved Holland College student or employee must complete the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire & Contact Tracing Form prior to or upon entry to a Holland College facility. This process and documentation must be completed for each day the individual(s) intends to enter a Holland College facility. Click here to download the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire & Contact Tracing form.
In keeping with Holland College's safety practices and social distancing guidelines, Samuel’s Campus store, in the Charlottetown Center, is working on creating safety practices for all of our student, staff and faculty intake for the fall of 2020. We are currently closed to the public, but want you to know we have implemented a number of processes to ensure you feel safe when shopping with us. We will launch our new e-commerce website soon.
COVID-19 Safety Practices for Back to School Fall 2020
Samuel’s Campus Store will re-open to customers. Please note that store operations are subject to change based on the directive from Holland College and the Chief Public Health Officer.
- Online and email orders will be accepted
- We will observe Covid-19 regulations and will adhere to all physical distancing protocols, which include limiting the number of customers allowed in the store at one time. We will begin with a maximum of five customers in the store at one time, subject to change according to direction from public health officials.
- 2 metre (6 ft.) physical distancing reminders will be posted on the floor.
- A Plexiglass barrier will be in place at the sales counter.
- The sales counter and debit machine will be cleaned after each transaction.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at the entrance and the sales counter.
- Cash, debit, and credit cards will be accepted.
- The changing room will not be available.
- Bring a re-usable bag if you have one. You will be required to pack your purchases yourself.
- If you don't have a re-usable bag, you may purchase on for $1.
- Returns will be put in storage for 48 hours.
Chartwells has established several safe processes to ensure the students and staff at Holland College can still enjoy a safe dining experience at our food service locations. In September, the only food service location open will be the Credit Union Café in the Charlottetown Centre on the Prince of Wales Campus. The cafés in the Centre for Community Engagement and the Centre for Applied Science and Technology are closed until further notice.
- In accordance with physical distancing guidelines, only five people will be allowed in the servery at a time. If there are five people in the servery when you arrive please wait for a person to leave before you enter.
- 2 metre (6 ft.) physical distancing markers are in place at the entrance to the servery.
- Please put on a mask before entering the servery.
- Using hand sanitizer before entering the servery to mandatory.
- There will be one entrance and one exit to the servery. Please follow the signage.
- There will be no self-serve food items. Pizza and soup will be served from the service line.
- Menu offerings will be mostly grab and go in order to get people through the servery in a timely manner.
- All food items in the servery will be wrapped, so that customers can take an item without using utensils that multiple people may touch.
- High touch point such as door handles and coffee dispensers will be disinfected every 45 minutes.
- Eating utensils will be handed out at the service counter.
- We encourage payment by credit card, debit card, and Hall Pass.
- Please do not move chairs in the dining area, they have been placed to ensure physical distancing.
- Our food service team is here to serve you as safely as possible:
- All staff have taken our COVID-19 safety training.
- All staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- We will serve you from behind Plexiglass.
- We have heightened our sanitizing and disinfecting procedures.
- All staff will do daily health assessments.
- One-on-one virtual sessions are available with library staff.
- The stacks will be blocked off, a staff member will retrieve requested materials.
- You can book group rooms for two people at a tme by coming to the library desk.
- The library will have arrows on the floor and Plexiglass at the library desk.
- There will be fewer public computers and less seating throughout the library.