Over the past 150 years, human activities such as transportation, agriculture, construction, and energy generation have significantly contributed to the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. To ensure a sustainable future, it is vital for all businesses and industries to immediately undergo rapid decarbonization to help combat climate change and achieve the target of limiting global warming to 1.5 °C.
What Will I Learn?
Upon successfully completing this microcredential, participants will be able to independently design a customized action plan to effectively reduce the carbon footprint of their business and/or industry, demonstrating foundational knowledge and skills in analyzing, evaluating, and applying sustainable strategies to reduce their carbon footprints.
You will learn to:
- Identify current practices that help to mitigate the carbon footprint in their business and/or industry.
- Discuss best practices in identifying and documenting impacts of carbon mitigation.
- Interpret data on the impact and significance of carbon mitigation.
- Evaluate current practices within their business and/or industry for their overall impact and significance and identify areas for improvement.
- Evaluate local, regional, national, and international best practices for their applicability and potential impact on a business's/industry’s carbon mitigation.