- Grade 12 or equivalent with credits at or above the general level. Preference will be given to applicants with a physics credit.
- Open Water Scuba Diving Certificate with 20 logged dives and 10 hours of bottom time.*
- Full commercial diving medical** from an approved hyperbaric physician. and completion of the Occupational Diver’s Medical Fitness Examination form indicating that you are fit to dive
- Résumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program.
*This is intense training, sometimes in adverse conditions. Students must have experienced the sensation of being underwater for long periods of time before entering the program.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants with a physics credit. This is intense training, sometimes in adverse conditions. Students must have experienced the sensation of being underwater for long periods of time before entering the program. Students are expected to participate in a daily fitness program to assess their fitness to dive each day, to improve their cardiovascular fitness, and as a team-building activity.
The “Certificate of Medical Fitness” on the last page of the form must also be completed, signed and stamped by attending physician.
The medical form has been provided “with the permission of Canadian Standards Association, material is reproduced from CSA Standard Z275.2-04, Occupational Safety Code for Diving Operations, which is copyrighted by Canadian Standards Association, 178 Rexdale Blvd., Toronto, Ontario, M9W 1R3. While use of this material has been authorized, CSA shall not be responsible for the manner in which the information is presented, nor for any interpretations thereof”. For more information on CSA or to purchase standards please visit the website at www.shopcsa.ca or call 1-800-463-6727.
International Student fee is an additional $3,930 per year (includes International Health Fee).
|Tuition and Other Fees
|Health Insurance Fee
|1stinstallment due first day of class
|2ndinstallment due January7
|Other Program Costs
|Other courses – OPTIONAL
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- Harbour infrastructure inspection, maintenance, underwater welding and repair
- Deep water drilling platforms inspection, maintenance, and repair
- Oil and gas pipelines infrastructure inspection, maintenance, and repair
- Shipbuilding and ship repair underwater welding/burning
- Bridge inspection, maintenance, underwater welding/burning and repair
- Police departments, investigation, search and recovery
- Fire departments
- Search and rescue squadrons
- Parks Canada underwater archeology
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Scientific diving
- Seafood harvesting and aquaculture
- Quality control and quality auditing companies