Proof of Language Proficiency
If English is not your first language, you will be required to demonstrate your proficiency to be accepted into a Holland College program.
You have two options:
- Prove that you have studied at a full-time post-secondary school where the language of instruction and examination was English. Please note that this requirement does not include time enrolled in an ESL program.
- Prove that you have met the minimum scores in the following English language tests:
- TOEFL manual score 550
- TOEFL computerized score 225
- TOEFL – internet based minimum 85
- Successful completion of EAL Level 8
- IELTS Academic score of 6.0
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) minimum score 60 with minimum 50 in each band.
- CanTEST with minimum 4.5
- Cambridge Assessment English – Score B2, no less than 169 in each skill.
English proficiency results must be current.
Please note: some programs ask for additional information. Please check your program page for specific requirements.
If you cannot meet the language requirements, we can help. Find out more about our ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES PROGRAM.